Arts NSW has recently announced funding for arts and cultural organisations in NSW for 2016 onwards. This is first time the NSW Government’s Arts and Cultural Policy Framework, Create in NSW, has guided the distribution of these funds, requiring in most cases the presentation of a 3 year business plan as a part of the application process.
Overton Creative has guided, facilitated and developed a number of these business plans for arts organisation across NSW over the past 6 -8 months. These new business plans have set the platform for a number of dynamic arts centres and galleries to receive considerable funding increases into the future. These include:
- Bankstown Arts Centre ($100,000) – $70,000 increase (300%)
- Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre ($300,000 over 3 years) – $50,000 per annum increase (100%)
- Campbelltown Arts Centre ($1.35M over 3 years) – $210,000 per annum increase (88%)
Additionally, Overton Creative also supports other organisations in Western Sydney via representation on boards or advisory committees who have also had increases to their funding including:
- Blacktown Arts Centre ($927,000 over 3 years)
- And at a project level: Sacred Currents Inc. ($42,700): for Worlds Collide, a live multimedia performance of world dance music
Overton Creative congratulates these organisations on their funding successes!